Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's fresh and maybe a bit "green" but I'm really liking the batch I've got in my Party Pig right now. It's a recipe inspired two of my favorite Rogue beers Rogue Brutal Bitter and American Amber. I've been referring to this batch as a Brutal Bitter clone, but it's more of a couple different Rogue Ales. I've been trying to figure out what it is about this batch that I like so much and I think it's the flavor of the Crystal hops with the malts I used, but it might be the Rogue Pacman yeast because there is a definite Rogue character to this beer. I put crystal hops in the amber that I brewed last week, so it'll be interesting to see if this next batch tastes anything like the one I'm drinking now. I have a feeling I'll be attempting another batch of my version of Brutal Bitter. Or I might have to try this kit that I've found at Homebrewer's Outpost. Either way, here's my recipe.

No comments: