Sunday, January 17, 2010

Took a shot at a Rogue Yellow Snow IPA clone today. I'm pretty sure it's going to be fermenting much too warm (why can't it be really cold when I want it too?), so we'll see how that goes. It's fermenting at about 75 degrees which I think is too warm. I'm using the Wyeast 1764 Pacman and all the ingredients according to the label. I used Promash to help me guess the proportions of the grains, hops and malts. Details on Rogue Yellow Snow can be found here. A really important fact to note is that I didn't brew this all-grain; instead I did a mini-mash of two pounds pale malt along with specialty grains and then added six pounds of Northwestern Gold LME. Depending on how this batch turns out, I'd like to reuse the yeast for either a Shakespeare Stout clone or something like American Amber.

No comments: