Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Last Call?

I've enjoyed a lot of beer over the last 20 or so years. Too much, in fact, but so far I don't regret it a bit. I'm hoping I don't. That said, I think it is time for a change. In short, I think being a part of the beer culture as I've known it (likely too much of it) has taken a toll on my health. So, I think it's time to stop pretending to be keeping up with the younger, healthier people that are far better at abusing their hearts and livers with beer than I am. Yes, with each day lately it seems that I'm stepping ever closer to ceasing to be the "beer guy" in favor of someday being the old man who can slowly sip that beer with dinner and maybe one for dessert.

So it is indeed possible that the last batch of Marcobrau may have been brewed. I certainly don't see myself as drinking and brewing enough to keep a blog about it going. Maybe my anxiety is getting the best of me, but I think it's time to hang up my beer blogging mug. I'm not sure at this point what I'll do with my website that I've had up since 1998, but I'm certainly not going to worry about it. Going forward, I just don't see myself as being "beery" interesting. This isn't quite how I planned things, but life rarely goes according to plan.

At only 38 years old I'm looking forward to figuring out what's going on with my body, getting healthy and putting more time into some of my other hobbies such as music, cycling and hiking. There's a lot of summer left. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to continue to be active, in one way or another.

No comments: