Monday, November 17, 2008

Red Ale bottled

The red ale I wrote about in my last post has been bottled. It was another three-gallon batch. I filled 14 22-ounce bottles, 1 Grolsch swingtop and a large 1-liter swingtop. The red ale tasted great. It has a decent hop aroma, sweet caramel flavors with just a hint of roasted grains a lightly hoppy middle and long hoppy, smooth bitter finish. Citric hoppy flavors and bitterness builds with each sip. The body is fairly light; the batch attenuated well. Assuming the bottle conditioning goes well, I may need to brew another batch of the stuff. Meanwhile, the blond American bitter in my Party Pig has smoothed out a bit. I suppose some lagering has occurred, even in the last week or so. It tastes much better, but it is still lacking the toasted malt flavor of the previous batch.

No comments: