Thursday, August 16, 2007

Now with more frequent updates!

It seems blogs are the place to be and here to stay. When I started my website, the Marcobrau Beer Pages back in 1998 there weren't too many people blogging about beer. Heck, there weren't very many people with beer websites. Sites like Beer Advocate, Ratebeer and Pubcrawler were still in their formative years. I started a website about beer mostly because I wanted to create a repository of information about beer in the region where I lived. Other people have certainly come along and improved on this, one site in particular that comes to mind is the Beer Mapping Project. Another reason I started my website was to share my tasting notes with everybody on the Internet. Eventually, I started posting all my tasting notes on Beer Advocate and now the pendulum seems to be swinging back the other way -- sort of -- as I plan on posting more about beer general (tasting notes, pub experiences, etc.) on this blog. This will be in addition to my somewhat regular updates of what homebrews I've got going. I guess it could be viewed as a "if you can't beat 'em, join'em mentality", but I really think it's more about the convenience of blogging versus updating a website. I am, after all, a lazy American.

No comments: