Sunday, May 16, 2004

Gall Bladder Wheat (a.k.a. Gall Bladder Head)

Brewed something today that I hope is at least somewhat close to Three Floyds Gumballhead that I'm calling Gall Bladder Head. I had my gall bladder removed a couple of weeks ago. I've just been able to start to stomach more exotic foods like Mexican (lots of fat and dairy), so to celebrate I brewed a beer. For those unfamiliar with Gumballhead, my sort-of-clone is a wheat beer that is hopped more like a west coast pale ale. It's a straight ahead extract brew using a mix of liquid and dry extract. I used a dry yeast (something I haven't done in a few years) to further simplify things. I've heard dry yeasts have improved in the last few years so I thought I'd experiment with DCL's Safbrew T-58. The ferm lock is already bubbling and I'm going to interpret that as a good sign.

No comments: